• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New Second Marriage (1 Viewer)

• Chương 5

Chapter 5 Humiliation​

“You!” The woman was so angry that her hands were trembling, “Kennedy, who do you think you are? If you’re not the second young master of the Moore family, do you think I’ll be interested in you? You’re just a cripple; you really think that you’re a treasure? How dare you reject me several times?”

Being scolded as a cripple, Kennedy’s eyes abruptly flashed with coldness and intense hostility.

The woman wanted to hurl a few more harsh words but she was frightened by the steep change of his aura. Looking at the pair of eyes that flashed with danger, she could only arrange her own clothes properly. Before leaving, she said reluctantly, “You wait. I’ll let you kneel down to beg me sooner or later.”

Upon hearing the words, Charlotte, who was at the side, felt that she accidentally pried into something confidential…

The woman arranged her clothes and was totally unaware of Charlotte. Before she left, she hurled some words to Kennedy again, “Kennedy Moore, you wait, sooner or later, I’ll make you kneel down to beg me.”

After saying that, the woman left quickly.

There were only Charlotte and Kennedy left in the scene.

Charlotte slumped onto the cold floor. She did not know where she should stare at.

“It seems like I’ve underestimated you.”

A cold and sharp gaze fell on top of Charlotte’s head.

Charlotte looked up and subconsciously blurted out, “I didn’t…hear anything just now…”

“Get lost!” Kennedy gave an order to chase her out.

Charlotte’s eyebrows furrowed and she said seriously, “I’m your assistant from today onwards and it was you who asked me to come to the company by myself, wasn’t it?”

Finishing speaking, Charlotte got up from the ground. She walked to Kennedy’s back and put her hands on his wheelchair.

“I’ve already come over by myself. Shouldn’t it be the time for you to honour your promise now?”

Not waiting for his response, Charlotte pushed his wheelchair to the inner place while saying, “What do you need me to do?”

Kennedy did not answer but the aura on his body became strong and compelling. He sneered, “It seems that you really don’t know how to spell the word ‘death’.”

Charlotte puckered her lips, “I don’t want to be your assistant either but this is Grandpa’s order.”

“Are you trying to use his name to threaten me?”

“Why do you say this? I’m a victim too.”

Charlotte noticed that the office was a bit messy as some documents were thrown on the ground. It should be caused by the woman who left just now.

Thinking of this, she squatted down to pick up the documents and put them on the table after arranging them nicely.

Seeing all her actions, Kennedy’s eyes flashed with fierceness and sharpness.

Meanwhile, Nathan came in, “Mr. Kennedy, the meeting will start in five minutes.”

Nathan was slightly stunned when he saw Charlotte. He was quite surprised as she really came over on foot.

Kennedy originally wanted to let Nathan push his wheelchair and leave but it seemed like he suddenly thought of something. His eyes flashed sternly and sharply, “You want to be my assistant right? Then I’ll give you a chance now.”

In the meeting room…

Charlotte followed Kennedy and went in together. Upon seeing her, people were astonished.

Everyone knew that Nathan had always been the only person who was by the side of Kennedy. But now, a woman suddenly appeared so everyone was speculating what the relationship between this woman and Kennedy was.

Charlotte had been an assistant before but she had never seen such a big occasion. The meeting room of the Moore Group was exceptionally large. After all, it was the leading group in B City.

As soon as Charlotte entered, she felt an unknown pressure that made her shoulders unconsciously sag slightly. She followed Kennedy and Nathan to go in while receiving all kinds of gazes from others.

After they stood still, everyone gazed at Charlotte.

“Mr. Kennedy, who’s she?”

Manfred was the vice president of the Moore Group so he did attend the meeting too. He was a bit surprised when he saw Charlotte coming in.

Charlotte was so nervous that she kept squeezing the corner of her clothes and telling herself to calm down. When she slowly raised her head and bravely faced others, she found a warm gaze.

It was from Manfred.

The two of them looked at each other. A gentle smile spread across Manfred’s face and he nodded.

At once, Charlotte felt that she was not so nervous anymore. She also curled her lips and smiled at Manfred.

Charlotte felt that Manfred was really a very gentle person.

These actions were all observed by Kennedy.

His sharp eyes flashed with coldness as he narrowed them, “A personal care attendant.”

“Huh?”

Everyone was confused. What did Kennedy mean by saying a personal care attendant?

Even Charlotte was bewildered too.

“Mr. Kennedy, what did you say she is just now?”

Kennedy’s slightly raised his eyebrows and answered, “She’s the personal care attendant whom Grandpa hired for me. She’s responsible for taking care of my daily routines.”

The harsh words made Charlotte’s face slightly turn white. She lowered her eyes to look at him.

She came here to be his assistant, but how came she became his personal care attendant?

“Coffee, please.” While she was still pondering, Kennedy spoke coldly.

Charlotte stood still. Nathan got what Kennedy meant and gave a wink to Charlotte. It was only then she knew what he meant.

Well, it was just making a coffee. It was also the job of an assistant.

Charlotte directly went out of the meeting room to make coffee.

When she came back after making coffee, the meeting had already started. Charlotte placed the cup of coffee in front of Kennedy.

Kennedy took a sip and frowned, “This is so cloying!”

Nathan’s expression changed, “Mr. Kennedy doesn’t drink coffee with sugar added.”

“Remake!”

Charlotte had no choice but to make a new cup of coffee for Kennedy.

“The taste is too light.”

Remake again!

“Oh, the amount of water is too little.”

The meeting room had become a place for Kennedy to insult her in front of others. The gazes coming from all directions made Charlotte experience total mortification.

She wanted to vent her anger by slamming the coffee on top of Kennedy’s head and said she was quitting.

But when Charlotte thought of her parents at home, she contained her anger and went out to make another cup of coffee.

Bang!

The cup was banged heavily on the table. Everyone was startled.

“With only such capability, you also dare to be my personal care attendant?”

Charlotte stood at the spot. Her face was as white as a sheet.

Manfred, who was sitting not far away, frowned and could not resist himself after seeing the scene, “Kennedy, you’ve gone too far.”

Oh? Were you helping her?

It seemed that this woman was indeed a good tactician.

Kennedy’s lips curled into a cold smile, “Is elder brother pitying my personal care attendant? Perhaps it will be good if I give her to you?”

Manfred was speechless.

Charlotte bit her lower lip and her hands were shaking.

He had really gone much too far!

She finally understood why he suddenly agreed to let her stay by his side. It was because he wanted to humiliate her!

In Kennedy’s view, she was probably just a woman who tried so hard to marry into a rich and powerful family for money and status. Maybe this was why he detested her so much.

“Kennedy, why did you do so, she’s after all…”

Before the words ‘your wife’ were uttered, Nathan interrupted him in a cold voice, “It’s just making a cup of coffee, I think you should stay out of this matter, Mr. Manfred?”

Apparently, Manfred wanted to say something to help Charlotte but before he spoke, Charlotte said instead, “I’ll make a new cup of coffee for Mr. Kennedy.”

Finishing speaking, she took the cup and went out.

The first cup, second cup, third cup…

Charlotte ran back and forth during the entire meeting. Kennedy was not satisfied all the time but she did not make a single complaint.

Until the end of the meeting, she was still making coffee.

Nathan, who was at the side, also pitied her. Seeing all people were gone, he whispered to Kennedy, “Mr. Kennedy, how about letting her go? I think she has received enough punishment.”

Kennedy sneered, “If I don’t do this to this kind of peacockish woman, will she shrink back from difficulties?’

He was curious to see how long she could endure.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom