• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New Second Marriage (1 Viewer)

• Chương 6

Chapter 6 But I Am Your Wife​

Not knowing how many cups of coffee were made, Charlotte was so exhausted that she felt dizzy and was thinking to give up. When she carried the coffee into the meeting room, Kennedy was already gone.

He had not said whether she had passed or not but he directly left?

Charlotte put the coffee on the table, turned around and went out.

When she arrived at the ground floor, she saw Kennedy’s car leaving the building of the Moore Group.

And again, she was abandoned.

Charlotte laughed at herself sarcastically. She should have expected it.

She walked to the road and planned to take a cab but a silver-white car stopped in front of her.

“Charlotte, let me drive you home.”

The car window was opened. Manfred’s gentle and handsome face was revealed.

Charlotte was stunned for quite a while and then she shook her head, “No need.”

If Kennedy saw this, he would say that she was trying to casually hit on others.

“Get in, you’ve been running around for a few hours, you’re already exhausted.” Finishing speaking, Manfred unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car to open the car door for her. He was really a gentleman whom others were not willing to refuse.

In the end, Charlotte got into his car.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” Manfred smiled gently at her and reminded her, “Fasten the belt.”

She took a car ride offered by Manfred back to the Moore family. Manfred kept silent throughout the journey. He did not ask her anything unnecessary and let her get out of the car at the entrance.

Charlotte slowly went upstairs to her room. She was still sighing about Manfred’s gentleness.

The two of them were brothers. But why their personalities were so much different?

After entering the room, Charlotte stopped her pace.

The reason was her suitcase was thrown on the floor.

Charlotte was startled for a few seconds. She raised her eyes to look at the person in the room.

“Who allows you to occupy my house with your stuff?”

Charlotte kept silent for a moment and moved forward to put her suitcase properly, “You, aren’t you not coming back?”

On the wedding night, he directly let his subordinate bring him away. So, Charlotte thought he would not come back.

“Hey, this is my room.”

Charlotte was silent. She then bit her lower lip, “But I’m your wife.”

“A wife who marries me in her younger sister’s name?”

Charlotte was speechless.

It seemed like he did not allow her to stay in this room. From his words and actions, she could tell that he detested her very much but she really could not go out.

Thinking of this, Charlotte looked at him with begging eyes, “I beg you, can you please let me stay in the corner of this room? I just need the corner, I don’t need extra space.”

“No!”

Charlotte’s face turned pale, “But if I go out Grandpa will find out.”

Kennedy gave an order. Nathan stepped forward, “Ms. Wilson, please leave here; don’t force me to treat you violently.”

Charlotte bit her lower lip, “Is this really not negotiable?”

Kennedy’s eyes looked like a wolf, flashing with fierceness.

After a few seconds of staring at each other, Charlotte turned around and dragged her suitcase out of the room.

The door was then closed.

“Mr. Kennedy, it seems that she really shrinks back from difficulties and chooses to give up.”

Kennedy disdainfully curled his lips. He initially thought that she was very determined but she surprisingly gave up so easily.

Haha, she was really vulnerable.

“Have you sent some men to the hospital?” Kennedy abruptly asked.

Nathan’s expression changed, “Not, not yet.”

“Then what for you’re standing here now?”

“I’ll handle it now!” said Nathan.

Nathan quickly left. When he came out of the room, he saw that Charlotte was still standing at the door with her suitcase. He showed her an expression which meant ‘good luck’ and left.

The next day…

Nathan came to look for Kennedy. When he saw the scene at the door, his eyes could not help but widen in surprise.

He tiptoed into the room, woke Kennedy up and helped him to wash and change clothes.

Halfway, he could not help but speak, “Mr. Kennedy, Ms. Wilson…”

When Nathan mentioned that woman, Kennedy frowned unhappily. His aura instantly became intense.

“Mr. Kennedy, it’s not that I deliberately mention her, but she…” Nathan could not continue anymore so he simply talked straight to the point, “I think Mr. Kennedy should go to the door and take a look by yourself.”

“Bring me out.”

Although Kennedy had a strong psychological quality, he was still shocked to see the woman sleeping in the doorway with her jacket.

Charlotte put her suitcase next to her and covered herself with a jacket while sleeping against the wall. Probably because of sleepiness, her entire body fell to the ground. And because of feeling cold, she shivered while trying to hide her body below the jacket. What she revealed was her little fair face.

Her skin was so fair that it indeed shone. Her hair was not done with any special process but was still purely straight and smooth. A few strands of hair were lying on her forehead and this made her looked a little innocent.

Looking at her shivering body, Kennedy actually felt pity for her.

A few moments later, he said coldly, “Go and wake her up.”

Nathan was stunned, “How to wake her up?”

“Is there any special way to wake someone up?” said Kennedy.

Nathan walked over and raised his foot. He gently kicked Charlotte’s butt.

Kennedy’s face instantaneously darkened. His voice was icy cold, “What’re you doing?”

Nathan showed an innocent face, “I’m waking her up.” He touched his nose, “Sir, is it because you think that I kick her with too little strength? Then I’ll kick harder.”

In Nathan’s view, Kennedy should have hated Charlotte very much.

“Stop. I told you to wake her up but I never told you to hurt her.” Kennedy contained his anger which was going to make him fly into a rage.

“Got it!” Nathan finally got what he meant. He immediately squatted down to push Charlotte’s shoulder. Charlotte slept like a log so she only opened her eyes with difficulty after being pushed for quite a while.

“Ms. Wilson, it’s already dawn, wake up.”

It was already dawn?

After being confused for quite a while, she sat up. She looked around and noticed that the surrounding was already very bright. Then, she rubbed her eyes.

She did not expect that she would really sleep outside all night long. Time flew…

“Who let you sleep in the doorway?”

While she was still pondering, a question was thrown to her coldly.

Charlotte looked up and saw that Kennedy was staring at her in displeasure.

She sat up and lost her presence of mind for a while, seemingly thinking about what had happened yesterday. Then, after a moment, she hugged the jacket in her arms tightly and whispered, “I have nowhere to go.”

Perhaps because of having slept on the ground all night, Charlotte’s voice was with a strong nasal tone.

“So, this is the reason you make an ass out of yourself by sleeping here?”

Charlotte bit her lower lip, raised her head to face Kennedy’s cold gaze and stubbornly said, “If you think I make an ass out of myself, you should let me go in and sleep.”

“You…”

Kennedy was at a loss for words. She surprisingly dared to plausibly protest.

Charlotte stubbornly stared at him. Compared to last night, her face now looked abnormally pale. It seemed like she was sick. Seeing her vulnerable appearance, Kennedy’s heart inexplicably softened and he snorted.

“Let’s go.”

Nathan walked forward to push the wheelchair, “Mr. Kennedy, then what about Ms. Wilson…?”

Kennedy turned and looked back. His gaze was sharp, “Don’t make an ass out of yourself at the door.”

After the two of them left, Charlotte stood up while holding her jacket.

His words just now…meant that he allowed her to enter the room, right?

Whether it was a yes or a no was unimportant. Since he had left, she decided to go in to get herself washed.

While brushing her teeth, Charlotte surprisingly felt nauseous. She braced herself against the sink and retched several times before she could finish brushing her teeth.

After rinsing her mouth, Charlotte felt cold so she took a hot shower.

After having a hot shower, she still felt cold. Also, her throat was too raw with pain for her to speak normally and she even felt dizzy.

Thinking for a while, Charlotte decided to go to the hospital to get medicine.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom