• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New Second Marriage (1 Viewer)

• Chương 15

Chapter 15 He Is Innocent, But Are You Too?​

Nathan’s words were like a punch in her gut. Charlotte could only lower her gaze dejectedly.

“I know that…”

Nathan only realized that his tone was too grave when he saw Charlotte’s shift in her mood, “I know that my words are ugly, but you should understand what I’m to say, Ms. Wilson. Anyway, you were to never bring this up ever again, otherwise nothing I can do will save you from your troubles.”

After finishing his sentence, Nathan turned around and left.

If Charlotte was someone who was sensible, she would choose not to mention this again.

Charlotte continued to stand motionless in that corner for five minutes more before knocking on the door.

“Come in.” Kenney’s voice was seeping with coldness and indifference, and there was still a hint of anger mixed within.

Kennedy was not seated like how he was usually behind his desk, but rather he was taking in the city views outside the French window. With the coldness in his voice at the back of her mind, Charlotte inched forward silently.

There was a depressing silence hanging over the room. When Kennedy sensed that the visitor had no intention to initiate a conversation, he spun around his wheelchair with a frown on his face.

What came into his view was Charlotte’s pale and sickly face.

Kennedy asked with a frown on his face, “What are you doing here?”

Charlotte raised her head and met his deep eyes, “I’m, I’m your assistant after all.”

Did he completely forget about what had happened previously?

Upon hearing that, Kennedy couldn’t help lifting the corner of his lips and let out a cold laugh, “Do you think that I have any use for an assistant who don’t even know how to make coffee?”

Charlotte bit her lips while clenching her fists.

“I will try my best next time. I wonder what suits your taste buds? Can you tell me?”

“Even if I tell you, do you think you can make one that is exactly to my liking?”

Charlotte nodded.

Kennedy formed an ironic smile on his face, “You really think you are capable of doing that?”

Nevertheless, he still wanted to give her a chance. He placed the cup of coffee in his hands onto his desk and said, “I’ll only give you one chance. Make one that exactly tastes like this one.”

Charlotte stared at that cup of coffee momentarily before picking it up and turning around to leave the room.

Kennedy moved his wheelchair to the back of his desk and took one of the documents on the desk to study it. After ten minutes had passed by, he looked up at the door.

There wasn’t any sign of it opening at any moment.

That woman wasn’t coming yet.

Was she intimidated by this daunting task? Why did she need to use more than ten minutes to make a cup of coffee?

Another ten minutes went by silently, and there was still no sign of her at the door.

Kennedy knitted his brows while thinking what that woman was actually doing. Was she challenging his patience? How could she take away his cup of coffee and disappear without a trace?

With a loud slam on the table, Kennedy furiously replaced his documents on the desk. He was about to check on her, but at the same time, he heard sounds of footsteps coming from the corridor.

Charlotte appeared with a wary look on her face while carrying a cup of coffee into the room. She was obviously trying to dodge Kennedy’s piercing gaze.

“You have wasted twenty minutes of my time.”

His cold voice sounded, and it was like a huge impact crashing on her.

Charlotte bit her lips and replied timidly, “But you didn’t mention any time limit just now.”

“You!” Kennedy felt his words catch in his throat. His fury suddenly caused him to blurt out a laugh, “Are you trying to reason with me?”

Charlotte deduced that she was no match for him in a shouting match. She swiftly put down the freshly-brewed coffee and declared, “Have a try…”

A rich aroma of the coffee slowly permeated the room.

Kennedy got a whiff of that aroma and an imperceptible shift occurred on his face. His eyes were narrowed into a straight line.

“I know that this cup of coffee wouldn’t be able to compare with the one you made, but I promise you that I’ve tried my best.” Charlotte volunteered the coffee to him seeing that he was still rooted to the spot.

Kennedy initially wanted to end this farce as quickly as he could, but when he saw her pitiful expression and that expectant look in her eyes, he hesitated.

She looked like a pet who was abandoned at the moment.

Inexplicably, Kennedy reached out and hold the cup of coffee.

He took a sip and a dangerous gaze appeared in his eyes.

Charlotte was able to sense the sudden shift in his temperament, so she reflexively took a step back and stared at him with fear in her eyes.

“Why are you backing off?” Kennedy raised his eyebrows and looked at her unhappily, “Are you scared of me splashing this coffee all over you?”

Charlotte could only nibble her lips.

It was as if her thoughts had been seen through in an instant.

Kennedy took yet another sip before finally returning the cup to her. Charlotte took it carefully and eyed him warily, “How-how was it?”

Kennedy shifted his gaze at a point in space somewhere else, and he replied coldly, “You manage to make the cut barely.”

Upon hearing that, an inexplicable joy rushed up inside Charlotte. A subdued smile appeared on her face, “Are you serious? Does that mean that I can stay here now?”

Her voice was lively…

Kennedy studied her and recalled the moment she first arrived at the Moore family house. She always had this frightened look on her face and it was evident she was living her life here with fear all the time. However, a smile broke out on her face, and it made her pretty face light up considerably. His eyes gradually softened too upon seeing this sight.

It was as if something unnoticeable was slowly infiltrating the deepest corner of Kennedy’s heart. He was annoyed by it somehow.

He tugged at the tie hanging down from his neck and snorted, “Who told you that you can stay here? What are you going to do with that child?”

Kennedy suddenly brought this topic up out of nowhere, and Charlotte instantly paled as she gripped her fists hard.

“You’re not saying anything? So it seems that you’re going to continue having that child.”

Charlotte looked up at him defiantly, “How can you be so cruel? The child is innocent!”

Kennedy couldn’t hold back his chuckle as he looked at her with hostility, “He is innocent, but are you innocent too? If that child learns that his mother is actually a scheming and calculative person, not to mention someone who likes keeping up appearances, he would regret being born into this world.”

His cruel words were like blades of knife slashing at Charlotte’s heart. Her face was drained of all colors.

“You…”

He had gone too far!

“You have been dead set on labelling me as a scheming and hypocritical person ever since I was married into the Moore family, isn’t that so?”

“You are not entirely correct. There’s one more thing to add.”

“What are you talking about?” Charlotte widened her eyes.

“You are also shameless and worthless woman.”

Charlotte was so infuriated that she almost bit her lips to the point of bleeding.

“Anyway, the child is really innocent. Please… please give me a chance.” Charlotte suddenly felt her head turning into a lead ball. She couldn’t raise her head and see this man into his eyes and tell him the truth. She could only beg on her knees now!

She could only do everything in her ability to make sure the child in her belly escaped all of this unscathed.

Kennedy stared at her as if she was a dead person. He didn’t even want to move an inch of his muscles at the moment.

“After two days, if that baby is still alive, I’m going to deal with him myself.”

In the blink of an eye, the two days’ time limit was up.

Charlotte didn’t go to the hospital to get an abortion, because Diana had come looking for her and advised her to convince Kennedy not to get rid of the child to the best of her ability.

In the meantime, she would look for a doctor for Charlotte to seek for a type of treatment that could avoid causing direct harm to Charlotte’s body even after a miscarriage were to occur.

However, deep down in Charlotte’s heard, she never wanted to get rid of the child.

She wanted him to stay alive and be born!

The moment Diana learnt of her intentions, she labelled Charlotte as a mad woman.

Charlotte replied with unusual calmness, “I’m not crazy. I want to give birth to him. He is a new life that originates from me!”

“But that child won’t have a father even though he is born later on. Have you really lost it? Besides, would the Moore family allow you to give birth to him? The Moore family is a distinguished family after all.”

She was right. This was indeed a difficult complication she was facing.

Charlotte touched her belly, and her eyes were grave.

“I will come up with something.”

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom