• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New Second Marriage (1 Viewer)

• Chương 7

Chapter 7 She Seems to Be Pregnant​

In the hospital…

Charlotte took a number and queued up. When it was her turn, she told the doctor about her body condition. The doctor looked at her in a somewhat strange way.

“Are you sleepy lately?”

Charlotte nodded.

“Do you feel nauseous when you’re brushing your teeth in the morning?”

Charlotte nodded again.

“And do you occasionally have the urgency to urinate?”

Charlotte was quite confused by this question. She thought for a while before nodding again.

“Does this have anything to do with my illness?”

The doctor looked at her helplessly and continued asking, “How long has it been since your menstrual period?”

Hearing that, Charlotte counted, “About a month plus…”

The moment she uttered those words, she seemed to have thought of something. Her face gradually changed.

The doctor smiled, “You have had sex recently, right? You have to pay more attention to your body condition. I won’t prescribe the medicine for you. You’d better go and take a new number to do a check.”

Charlotte left the hospital with her head hung in disappointment.

She did not dare to take a new number but went to the pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test kit instead. When she was back to the Moore family, she locked herself in the washroom.

Charlotte waited anxiously for a long time. When she saw that the pregnancy test kit showed a positive result, she, who was initially feeling uncomfortable due to her illness, looked even worse now.

She looked down at her flat belly and still could not believe it.

At that time, everything was too sudden and she had never experienced such a thing. She fled home in a panic and when she was back, she was forced to marry someone else. She was overcome with grief and she forgot that matter, so she did not stand a chance to take the emergency contraceptive pills.

Now, out of the blue, there was a little life in her belly.

No!

Charlotte covered her lips with her hand. She was still in disbelief.

No, she could not be panicked since she was still not sure about this.

Maybe the pregnancy test kit was inaccurate. She still needed to go to the hospital to check it out.

Thinking of this, Charlotte picked the test kit and threw it into the trash can. She got up and went out of the washroom.

Probably due to her pregnancy, Charlotte was guilt-ridden. When she came out, she kept looking around, fearing that Kennedy would appear all of a sudden.

Fortunately, Kennedy did not return home for a day.

In the evening, Charlotte began to feel panicked again. She hurriedly took a shower and dragged her suitcase to the door and waited. She put a stool there too.

When Kennedy came back, he saw her sitting drowsily on the stool at the door.

She had no choice.

It was because the doctor did not prescribe her the cold cure. Moreover, as Charlotte was too worried about whether she was really pregnant, she only drank some hot water the whole day.

She was caught cold but she had not taken any medicine. She also did not rest properly so her cold was naturally intensified.

Kennedy looked at the petite figure, slightly stunned.

Did she stay here all day?

Obviously not. She had changed her clothes and washed. She obviously went to his room to rest while he was away and she came out to stay at the door before he came back.

Hmph, it seemed like she still had some self-awareness.

“Mr. Kennedy?” Nathan was still confused, so he asked, “Do you want me to…”

“Let her be.”

“Okay.”

Nathan pushed Kennedy’s wheelchair into the room. When the sound of the door closing sounded, Charlotte was shocked and she regained consciousness.

Her head was so heavy.

She wanted to have a sleep badly…

Charlotte reached out and stroked her brows. Then, she stood up and walked downstairs.

She went to the kitchen and poured herself a cup of hot water. After drinking a few mouthfuls, she started to feel nauseous again. She was so scared that she hurriedly put down the cup and went out of the kitchen.

“Grandpa is always confident with your capability. I have no worries if this matter is handled by you.”

“Yes, Grandpa.”

When Charlotte was out of the kitchen, she met Reynold who was talking with Manfred.

They stared at each other for a moment. Reynold’s eyes became stern, “Christina?”

Charlotte subconsciously stood straight and nodded in panic.

“You should take care of Kennedy in the room now, why do you come downstairs?”

“Uh…” Charlotte’s red lips slightly opened but before she answered, Manfred spoke, “Regarding this, I heard the maid say earlier that you slept in the doorway last night. You look quite uncomfortable now, is it because you suffer from a cold?”

“What?” Reynold’s expression changed, “Sleep in the doorway? What’s going on?”

Charlotte was dazzled. She bit her lower lip.

It was over.

Why did Manfred tell Randolph about this? If Kennedy was reprimanded by Reynold later and was therefore infuriated, would he directly expose her real identity?

Thinking of this, Charlotte hurriedly waved her hand and explained, “Mr. Reynold, there’s no such thing. It’s just that I was too tired last night and I passed out in the doorway without being noticed by anyone. After I regained consciousness, I went into the room by myself.”

Reynold’s eyes were stern and sharp. It seemed like he was able to know what others were thinking.

Not long after, Reynold sighed and said, “You don’t need to speak good words for Kennedy. As his grandfather, I know his personality very well. It’s indeed condescension for you to let you marry him.”

Hearing his words, Charlotte raised her head. She was somewhat surprised and flattered.

She thought that Reynold was very strict and fierce but she did not expect that he would be considerate of her.

“Come with me, I’ll accompany you to see Kennedy.”

Finishing speaking, Reynold walked upstairs with the support of his cane. Charlotte’s face changed and she quickly followed him, “Mr. Reynold, please don’t!”

Hearing this, Reynold stopped his pace, “Don’t? Do you want to sleep outside all the time and let the maidens regard you as a joke?”

Manfred also moved forward and said, “Yes. Not to mention that the maids will think of you as a joke, you also can’t keep sleeping in the doorway. Your body will not be able to stand it.”

Charlotte bit her lower lip and shook her head, “I’m really fine. I just fainted unintentionally last night, really. I’ll go into the room tonight. Mr. Reynold, please don’t worry about the relationship between Kennedy and I. Since I married into the Moore family, I’ll take good care of him.”

Hearing this, Reynold kept silent for a long time. Finally, he did not utter a word and just turned to leave.

After Reynold’s leaving, Manfred looked at her helplessly.

“Come on, why?”

Charlotte glanced at him, “I’m fine.”

After saying that, she turned around and went upstairs.

Although Kennedy’s legs were limp, he looked handsome. Furthermore, he was exceptionally vigorous in work so even if he was in a wheelchair, he was still considered very capable.

But there had been no woman by his side in the past. This time, Reynold held a wedding for him without asking his opinion and Kennedy did not even attend. Therefore, the maids in the Moore family were clear in their minds that the newly married woman was not valued. Hence, inevitably, they would say something bad about her behind the scene.

When Charlotte went upstairs, she brushed against several maids.

One of the maids even purposely bumped Charlotte’s shoulder and this made Charlotte took a few steps backward. Fortunately, she was able to hold the railing to stabilize herself.

“You…”

“I’m sorry, Missus. I didn’t see you just now. I just looked from a distance and thought that it was a maid. I’m sorry, do you need my help?”

Although the maid spoke these words, she showed an imposing and arrogant manner in which she absolutely did not have the will to move forward and help Charlotte.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom