• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New Second Marriage (1 Viewer)

• Chương 4

Chapter 4 I Have to Find Her​

Kennedy did not continue further, but Charlotte knew his words were full of blatant threats. She was feeling slightly indignant. She had quitted her job because of him and now she had to follow him everywhere all day.

They had promised to stay out of each other’s business at first, yet they were now being forcibly tied together, and Charlotte was unwilling to do that.

However, she did not say a word as her current situation was too awkward.

They walked past the main gate without saying anything along the way and Kennedy who was wheelchair-bound was helped into the car. Charlotte subconsciously intended to board the car too but was stopped by Nathan. “Miss Wilson, this car is special for our young master.”

Charlotte was startled and she asked, “What do you mean?”

Kennedy turned his head towards her and there was contempt in his calm and deep eyes. “You’re not yet fit to become my assistant.”

Hearing him, there was a change in Charlotte’s expression. “What? Then why did you promise grandpa just now?”

Kennedy ignored her and moved his eyes away while Nathan was ready to close the car door with an expressionless face. Charlotte extended her hand to block the closure and questioned Kennedy. “What about me when you left? Grandpa…”

Having mentioned Reynold, cruelty flashed across Kennedy’s eyes. He then squinted and stared at her with a dangerous look.

“Nathan, tell her the route and let her walk there by herself.”

Charlotte was completely speechless.

How could someone have such an obnoxious demeanor?

Nathan informed her of the route emotionlessly and closed the car door indifferently.

“Miss Wilson, I wish you good luck.”

After saying those words, the car was driven away.

Charlotte was left standing alone in the wind in front of the gate. The guards who witnessed that were looking at her with sympathy.

Having faced those sympathetic looks, Charlotte felt her heart wrenched.

She then clenched her fists with determination.

It’s no big deal walking there by herself after all.

Meanwhile in the car, Nathan asked, “Sir, won’t it be too much to treat her like that?”

Kennedy frowned and replied coldly. “So do you want to get out of the car to accompany her?”

With a change in expression, Nathan said, “Pretend I never said that.”

Kennedy snorted and he looked at the petite figure which was standing at the entrance from the rearview mirror. Yet with just a glance he retrieved his stare. He seemed to have remembered something after a moment and his lips quivered. “Any news for the woman I want you to search for?”

Having mentioned that, Nathan coughed on his fist and said, “Sir, there was no surveillance camera along that road, and coincidentally the rain was heavy that day. The night was too dark and even the pedestrians were hard to be seen. But, if you’re willing to give me some more time, I’m sure we could find that out.”

Kennedy was feeling despondent. Usually, as long as it was his order, Nathan could always fulfill it excellently.

Yet it turned out he could not fulfill this one matter.

Kennedy’s expression grew gloomier and with a stern look, he said, “It’s been a month. If it was planned, the woman would be pregnant by now.”

Nathan was greatly taken aback by his words. It was no joke for an anonymous woman to get pregnant with Kennedy’s child. His look became serious.

“I got it. I’ll ask someone to keep an eye on what’s happening in the hospital.”

Kennedy lowered his eyes.

He had never been in contact with any woman, and the woman that night was the first.

Therefore he had to find her!

Meanwhile, Charlotte had spent half an hour to arrive at the Moore Group building.

Unfortunately she was barred from entering as she did not make an appointment and was forbidden to enter.

The existence of the Moore Group resembled the backbone of B City.

The company being a monopoly had propelled the economic development of the city. B City which was still an insignificant small city fifteen years ago was now transformed into a metropolis at the frontline.

And it was not easy to enter the building of such a huge company as one wish.

“I’m sorry, could you inform Kennedy Moore I’m here? I really am his new assistant.”

The receptionist at the front desk glanced at her disdainfully. “What nonsense are you talking about? Mr. Moore never needed an assistant, and this is known by everyone from the company. I know you want to seduce him, but can’t you gather your information more fully?”

Having heard that, Charlotte was slightly shocked. She was afraid that Kennedy had already thought of that and knew even if she came, she would not be able to enter the company building.

“Please leave now. Someone like you is not even fit to become a staff member like us, let alone becoming the president’s assistant.”

The receptionist threw her an even more disdainful look and her colleagues all let out scornful laughter.

“Oh gosh, look at what she’s wearing. She actually has the ball to say she’s the president’s assistant when she doesn’t even have a uniform, and she dares come here while wearing that cheap thing.”

“The world is really a huge place, yeah?”

“If you don’t leave now, we’re gonna call the guards.”

Charlotte’s face flushed from their sarcastic remarks. She bit her lower lip, lowered her eyes and looked at the dress she was wearing.

They were right, that dress was being bought from a stall when she went to a night market. Her monthly salary during that time was not enough and she was always frugal in terms of money spending.

Yet all these years, she deemed herself to have lived a happy life.

Being criticized by those people straight to the face today, she suddenly started to feel embarrassed.

“Shoo, go back and change, come back here after you’re all dressed up…” Everyone was looking at her with a disdainful look and Charlotte grew more and more abashed. As she was biting her lower lip and was so anxious that she did not know what to do, a gentle voice came not far from behind.

“What’s going on?”

Charlotte turned around and met a pair of amiable eyes.

“Vice President!”

“Mr. Moore!”

It was Manfred Moore, Kennedy’s eldest brother.

Charlotte was slightly surprised when she saw him.

Manfred walked straight towards her and asked with a gentle voice, “Looking for Ken?”

Charlotte nodded hurriedly. She thought that since her current embarrassed look had been seen by him, he must have secretly disdained her. Having that thought, Charlotte felt so ashamed that her toes almost curved inwards.

“I’m sorry, I…” She lowered her eyes and apologized subconsciously. “I seem to have brought trouble to your company…”

“It’s okay.” Manfred held her hand and said, “I’ll take you to the upper floor.”

The staff workers who were watching them all exclaimed the moment Manfred held her hand and they stared at them in disbelief.

The ladies at the front desk could hardly maintain their smiles any longer. They initially thought she was just an ordinary woman therefore they mocked her with all they can. Who would know she was actually Manfred’s acquaintance.

Could it be…she was really the president’s new assistant?

After entering the lift, Charlotte was still in an uneasy state. She lowered her head and saw her hand being held by Manfred, her heart almost stopped beating for a few seconds. She then quickly retrieved her hand and took two steps to the side to keep a distance away from Manfred.

Manfred was not offended by her action and there was a light smile on his handsome face.

Charlotte secretly glanced at him.

His skin was fair. He had a clear-cut facial feature and a kind look. The thickness of his lips was moderate and he always wore a gentle smile. His white shirt was ironed well and did not have a single wrinkle.

His overall appearance was pleasing to look at.

As she was absorbed in her thought, the door of the lift opened.

They had arrived at their destined floor.

“Turn right and walk towards the end and you’ll find Kennedy’s office. I still have things to do, so I won’t stay with you any longer. Would you be able to find the way?”

Having heard that, Charlotte quickly nodded. “Yes. Thank you, Manfred.”

“You’re welcome.”

The door of the lift closed before her and the surrounding became quiet once again.

Charlotte took a deep breath and walked along the path towards the end.

She finally saw the office door and as she extended her hand, ready to knock the door, the door opened by itself and something was pushed out of the office.

Charlotte did not have time to dodge and was given a direct hit by it.

She crashed onto the floor together with the thing.

“Arghhh! Kennedy Moore! How could you do this to me?”

Charlotte then only noticed what bumped into her just now was a woman with thick makeup but disheveled clothes. After falling down, the woman immediately crawled to her feet and bawled at the person inside.

Kennedy was sitting on the wheelchair. His black eyes were intimidating and he was surrounded by a powerful aura. He uttered, “Get lost.”

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom