New My One-month Marriage With Mr. Hawkins (1 Viewer)

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Chương 20

Chapter 20: Like? This Word Is a Bit Strange.​

Florence suddenly became nervous and felt a bit flustered.

Although she was Ernest’s fiancée, most of the staffs in the company were kept in the dark of it.

In this way, when she and Ernest cancelled the engagement a month later, there wouldn’t be too many gossips in the company.

Therefore, she definitely would not allow the security guards to see her being together with Ernest in the midnight, especially in such a romantic posture.

“Mr. Hawkins, thank you for having helped me today. I will treat you a meal later.”

Florence pressed the jacket into Ernest’s hand, leaned to one side, and then ran pass Ernest.

She ran so fast and rushed out of the lobby of the company without turning around.

Holding the suit jacket at hand, Ernest’s expressions became gloomier and gloomier.

Numerous people had tried to associate with him by all means even if the relationship was so insignificant. But why this woman was so unwilling to build a connection with him?

In Senna International Community…

Just as the car had come to a standstill, Timothy pulled open the door to the backseats as fast as possible and then stood a step beside respectfully.

He could perceive that Ernest was in an extremely bad mood tonight. So he behaved himself and didn’t dare to antagonize him in case that he would become his punching bag.

But some people were just totally senseless.

Wearing a bathrobe and a pair of flip-flops, Harold opened the door of the villa chicly like it was his house and walked out.

He walked around the car and then asked in confusion, “Where’s Florence? Isn’t she ill? Why doesn’t she come with you?”

When Ernest suddenly called him and asked him to wait for him in the villa just now, he had guessed that Florence must be ill.

It was impossible that it was Ernest who had fallen ill as his physical condition was extremely good and he had never fallen ill in three years.

Ernest’s face darkened even more. He ignored Harold and walked towards inside.

When Timothy walked pass Harold, he reminded him in a low voice, “Mr. Hammer, no one needs to see a doctor now. You can go back first.”

“Florence suddenly recovers from her illness? Impossible.”

Harold suddenly thought of something and smiled with great interest while watching at Ernest’s cold and stiff leaving back.

He chased after him in strides, “Ernest, did you have a quarrel with Florence?”

Quarrel?

That woman ran even faster than a rabbit and had tried her best to alienate him. She didn’t even give him a chance to have a quarrel with her.

Ernest’s gloomy expressions basically confirmed Harold’s assumption.

Ernest had been getting more and more mature and sagacious over the past several years as if everything was in his control. He could handle all matters with composure and he seldom saw him being angered.

It was really a rare scene that he was in a sulk today.

Although Harold felt it rare, he would not let go of this opportunity to tease Ernest.

“Ernest, you haven’t had a woman over all these years. Could it be that you don’t know how to win a woman’s heart? I noticed it in the morning that although Florence is polite to you, she’s indeed quite aloof from you. Looks like she doesn’t like you.”

Ernest’s eyes became gloomy. Like? He had never considered this word.

Since Florence was the woman who had spent the passionate night with him and that he had found her, then she should be his woman and his future wife.

As for her feelings…

“Oh, you are cold and straight. You’re not gentle at all and you don’t know how to flirt with a woman. How would a woman take fancy to you? If things go on like this, I’m afraid that your fake fiancée will really leave you. But we’re good buddies. I have various approaches to win a woman’s heart. Do you want to learn from me?” Harold smiled with bad intentions.

It would be very interesting if Ernest asked him about how to win a woman’s favor and he could brag about it to his buddies for thousands of times as it was really a rare thing.

As Harold was gabbling on and on, Ernest interrupted him impatiently, “You can leave now.”

Harold was choked. How could Ernest ask him to leave so directly? If he left now, he would not be able to watch the show that he was longing for.

Unwilling to give up, he asked again, “Are you sure you don’t need me to teach you? I can also give you some suggestions. I’m good at snatching women’s hearts after all.”

Ernest didn’t want to talk about nonsenses with Harold any longer and walked upstairs while saying, “Timothy, see him off.”

Harold was rendered speechless as he felt that Ernest was really cruel to him.

Ernest walked elegantly and felt much relaxed.

Florence alienated him due to the fake engagement. In her opinion, they would have no relationship after one month and naturally she would try to distance herself from him.

And she didn’t know that he was the man that night.

It seemed that he had to tell her the truth now.

Early in the morning, when Florence was still sleeping, she received a phone call from Phoebe.

“Flory, bad news.”

Phoebe’s voice was so anxious that Florence was startled and immediately sobered up.

She said hurriedly, “No hurry. Speak slowly.”

“I can’t! Didn’t you tell me several days ago that one of your pair of blue diamond earrings was lost? My men just got the information that your diamond earring was found by the cleaning staff from under the bed in a room of the Style Hotel. I heard that the room is an exclusive one and only that man is allowed to live in there. If he hasn’t brought other woman into the room, he would definitely find you through the earring.”

“What?”

Florence was so shocked that she jumped up from the bed and almost fell down, seeming to be seized with a qualm of faintness.

She actually lost the earring in the hotel?

The earrings were a limited edition that her grandma had specially customized from the specialty store and gifted her. If that man investigated into it, he would easily find out that she was the owner.

“Then… Do you know where the diamond earring is now? Is it possible if I want to get it back in the first place?” Florence’s voice was a bit quivering.

“It’s still in Style Hotel. But the hotel is famous for its confidentiality level that was equal to the Swiss Bank. I tried to get the check-in list from the hotel, but was refused, not to mention your attempt to get the diamond earring from it.”

The Style Hotel would definitely hand the diamond earring to that man.

He had left an impression as a ferocious and horrible man on her. Moreover, she had wounded him. If he found her, he would definitely not let go of her easily.

With a single thought of it, Florence felt chill capturing her all over and extremely panicked.

“Florence, I got an idea.” Phoebe said in a low voice as if she finally uttered the words after a mental struggle.

Florence asked hurriedly, “What idea?”

No matter what the idea was, she had to have a try as she was so afraid of meeting that man again.

She would still have a nightmare whenever dreaming of the sex at that night.

Phoebe paused before continuing, “Style Hotel is under control of the Hawkins family and Ernest Hawkins is your fiancé. So you can turn to him for help. Even if he refuses to give you the earring, you can ask him for a master card and go get it by yourself.”

“But…” Phoebe continued in a low voice, “In this way, as long as Ernest asks you about it, he will know about the things happened to you at that night. He’s your fiancé after all, if he knows what happened at that night, it would …”

Phoebe didn’t utter the remaining words – ‘embarrass you.’

Florence tightly clenched her phone feeling extremely depressed.

Subconsciously, she didn’t want Ernest to know about this.

But if that man managed to find her, the whole matter would progress to be more embarrassing. She had no other choices.

Advertisement

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Second Marriage
  • Aria Foster
Chương 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom