• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New Second Marriage (1 Viewer)

• Chương 3

Chapter 3 The Duty a Wife Should Fulfill​

Charlotte had stayed inside the room all by herself the whole night. She woke up early, moved all her clothes into the closet.

She had made it clear with Kennedy last night, and it seemed like he would not sleep there, therefore that room belonged to her completely.

They were just nominal husband-and-wife and they had nothing to do with each other.

To her, it was actually a good thing.

After changing, Charlotte went downstairs and saw a bunch of maidens being busy with their chores. She was feeling slightly hungry, therefore she wanted to ask where the kitchen was, yet one of the maidens waved her away rudely. “Where on earth are you from? Don’t block the way!”

Without being aware of that, Charlotte fell onto the ground.

The maiden threw a glance at her with superiority, yet her eyes suddenly became deferential.

A pair of big warm hands held Charlotte up. Charlotte turned around and was encountered by a gentle gaze.

The comer was wearing an immaculate white shirt and his smile was as warm as spring breeze.

Charlotte responded after being dumbfounded for a moment, she quickly took two steps backward to keep a distance away from him. “Thank you.”

“No worries, sister-in-law.”

“Sister-in-law?”

“I’m Kennedy’s eldest brother, Manfred Moore.” He extended his hand to her.

Charlotte was slightly startled that he was Kennedy’s eldest brother. She then awkwardly extended her hand and held his. “Nice to meet you, Manfred.”

Her voice was slightly shaky due to nervousness.

“It’s the maiden’s fault just now. I apologize to you on their behalf. I hope it doesn’t hurt your feeling. The people in the Moore family are all amiable. I’ll explain the situation to them afterwards.”

Charlotte nodded. “Thank you, Manfred.”

Manfred smiled. Before he could say anything further, a cold voice was heard abruptly.

“Looks like I’ve come here at a bad timing.”

Hearing the voice, Charlotte looked towards the direction which the voice came.

Nathan was pushing Kennedy who was on the wheelchair towards them and Kennedy’s legs were covered with a thin blanket.

Although he was sitting on a wheelchair, he looked like an all mighty emperor.

Her eyes were cold and landed on Charlotte’s face like blades.

Charlotte lowered her head feeling guilty.

Wait, why should she feel guilty? She was just greeting his family.

“Kennedy, it’s so rare to see you here.” Facing his own younger brother, Manfred was still wearing a smile, yet contrary to him, Kennedy did not have any expression. He only nodded lightly and greeted him.

“Okay, I guess I’ll not bother you and sister-in-law any longer.”

Manfred then looked towards Charlotte and said gently, “Sister-in-law, I still have to go to the company, so do excuse me.”

Charlotte nodded in a daze and watched him leave. As she was going to retrieve her stare, she heard Kennedy who was beside her spoke sarcastically. “Are all remarried women that thirsty for love? Being so eager to seduce men?”

Charlotte’s mind was instantly pulled back to reality and she asked, “What?”

Looking into Kennedy’s black and brooding eyes, she could sense the cruelty underneath them.

She then bit her lower lip and said, “I’m not that debauched as you think.”

“Oh really?” Kennedy’s smile was brimmed with contempt and he did not want to give a shit to her at all. “For a woman who just got divorced and is eager to remarry again, is she really not debauched?”

Charlotte clenched her fists and was slightly angry.

Did she want to remarry again? She was forced to do so. However, she would not tell him this, no matter what, she only wanted to stay.

Having thought of this, she unclenched her fists once more.

“You better keep your promise and stay away from the Moore family. If I find out you’re using the Moore’s name to do something outside, or have any purpose towards the family, I’ll make you wish you’re never born.”

He called Nathan, and Nathan pushed him away and left.

After they left, a maiden came towards her and said, “Missus, Mr. Reynold wants to see you.”

Mr. Reynold? The head of the Moore family?

Charlotte suddenly became nervous. Her mother had told her that the people from the Moore family had not seen Christina before, and that was why they were so bold to let her marry the son of the Moore family on Christina’s behalf.

Now that the head wanted to see her, she was having butterflies in her stomach.

“Missus, please come with me.”

The maiden was aged and seeing her still standing there, she spoke.

Having regained her mind, Charlotte nodded and followed her.

The Moore’s house was exceptionally huge. Although there was a maiden to lead the way, Charlotte was still baffled when she followed her.

They soon reached the study room and the maiden said courteously, “Missus, please go in.”

Charlotte entered the study room after thanking her.

The study room was more or less similar to what she had imagined, solemn and majestic. The accessories and the bookshelves were all having classical style and the shelves were placed with various calligraphies and paintings.

With only a quick glance, Charlotte immediately directed her eyes towards the person in the room. “Mr. Reynold, nice… nice to meet you.”

As she met Reynold’s eyes, she was instantly stupefied by his astute look.

Reynold was looking at her from head to toes. Having remembered her identity, Charlotte became nervous at once and she lowered her eyes in panic, afraid that he would notice her guilt.

Although she had temporarily solved the problem with Kennedy, what should she do if Reynold realized she was not actually Christina?

“Christina!”

“Yes?” Charlotte raised her head in reflex and quickly lowered her head upon meeting his eyes.

Reynold’s look was extremely stern.

“Kennedy has a bad health since young. Since you’ve married him, you should take good care of him in the future. As for what a wife should do, I suppose you don’t need me to teach you that?”

“Yes, I understand that.”

“From tomorrow onwards, you will work for Kennedy as his assistant.”

Having heard that, Charlotte lifted her eyes in shock. “But sir, I still have my job…”

“The women of the Moore family should not go out and work in public. Even if you want to work, you should stay by your husband’s side.”

What? Was the Moore family that feudal? Of course, Charlotte would not dare to say that in front of Reynold. Reynold did not give her a chance to speak too and he let her off.

After leaving the study room, Charlotte went back to her room with a heavy heart.

Reynold sounded serious and demanding. Charlotte knew if she did not quit her job, he would definitely question her.

She could only resign at last.

Her job was actually quite simple. After marrying Aldrich, in order to be able to finish cooking before Aldrich returned home from work, she had become an assistant for a general manager in a small company nearby.

After giving the resignation letter, someone had quickly taken up her position.

Charlotte was shocked for quite a while when she knew about that.

She then realized that no matter her job or marriage, there would always be someone who could replace her easily.

She let out a bitter smile.

The next day after she resigned, Reynold showed up and asked Kennedy to take her to the company with him.

“I knew what are you worried of when you refuse to get an assistant, but since Christina is now your wife, you should let her stay by your side and take care of you.”

Reynold’s tone of voice when he spoke to Kennedy was still the same as how he spoke to her. Charlotte felt slightly weird as she thought their relationship as grandpa-and –grandson would be great.

As she was pondering, she sensed a pair of sharp eyes falling onto her face and she could tell who was that without even thinking.

Kennedy stared at her with contempt and replied. “Sure.”

Charlotte was slightly shocked as she thought he would reject. To her surprise, he did not oppose that. “Great, you can go now.” Reynold’s expression seemed slightly relieved while Kennedy who was sitting on the wheelchair was still expressionless. Nathan nodded at Reynold and said, “Sir, we’ll set off to the company now.”

“Remember to bring Christina along.” Charlotte could only follow behind Kennedy.

After getting out of the main hall and reaching the garden, Kennedy spoke disdainfully. “You’re fast to get along with grandpa. Are you planning to keep an eye on me?”

Charlotte stopped and frowned. “I don’t understand what you are trying to say.”

Kennedy sneered. “You better don’t. Or else…”

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom