• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New President’s Twins: Buy One, Get One Free (1 Viewer)

• Chương 12

Chapter 12: This Miss Was So Gentle​

Hayden had very fast reflexes, so she was able to dodge that incoming object at the last second before it could hit her.

With a loud crashing sound, it turned out that it was a glass that had been thrown by him and it was now in smithereens after smashing onto the wardrobe behind her.

She had seen countless people with terrible temper, but it was the first time she had seen someone so young throwing a tantrum by physically throwing objects. Hayden couldn’t help but frown with a hint of anger initially, but strangely enough, the moment she laid eyes on this little boy, she felt all traces of anger dissipate.

While sitting surrounded by blankets and pillows, the little boy wearing brown checkered pyjamas was staring at her curiously. He had a set of perfect features which seemed like they had been sculpted especially and she could imagine how good-looking and popular among ladies he would be when he grew up.

However, his perfect features were contorted now and indignation and dissatisfaction was written all over his face.

“What happened here?” Hayden took a few steps towards him and squatted down beside him, “Who has bullied you?”

The little boy just watched her without saying anything and there was a flash of doubt in his watery eyes. In the next second, he suddenly pushed her hand away abruptly as if telling her not to proceed any further. He was very on guard.

Hayden didn’t offer to console him anymore after this. She just sat down beside him and they were just staring at each other for some time.

Shortly after, a waiter said outside the suite, “Ms. Downey, the custard and meatballs are ready. Shall I send them in?”

“No need.” Hayden answered with her head turned around, “Just leave it by the door and cover it with an insulation cover.

Faint whiffs of aroma slowly permeated in the room, and the little boy who hadn’t been talking was somehow stealing glances at her. It seemed like he had already made a swallowing motion a few times.

After throwing such a tantrum, it was only natural that he would feel hungry.

Hayden remained motionless for a little longer before suddenly suggesting as if a thought had occurred to her, “I feel a little hungry at the moment and I want to eat something in your suite here. Do you think that’s okay?”

The little boy continued to frown with a face written with annoyance. He simply turned around, not saying anything in response.

Hayden took his silence as an approval on his side, so she got up and fetched the tray of food inside. The custard was slippery and the meatballs were emanating an intoxicating aroma. She picked up an empty bowl and helped herself to half a bowl of custard while also adding half a piece of meatballs. She then mashed up those food and blew on them while commenting, “This smells so nice! It seems that they were able to cook this meatball really fine today.”

She could hear an audible swallowing sound made by that boy behind her.

Hayden carried her bowl while looking back at him with a confused expression on her face. She happened to meet that little boy’s annoyed yet expectant expression, and she couldn’t help but snicker coldly in her heart. She said with much deliberation, “Are you willing to try them even for a little? This is really nice, and they are my favourite food too.”

The little boy continued to say nothing but after some hesitation he nodded.

“Alright.” Hayden then approached him with the bowl of food in hand. She scooped up a spoonful of custard and meatball and sent it into his mouth, asking, “Is it nice?”

The little boy chewed momentarily before nodding with his eyes lighting up.

Hayden didn’t stop feeding him as she sent another spoonful of food his way.

The little boy munched on the food while examining this miss in front of him. He felt like this woman was unlike the other ones who were afraid and resentful of him. This miss was really gentle.

In no time, the bowl of custard and meatball was almost finished.

Hayden handed a tissue paper to him to wipe his mouth and she said jokingly, “Alright, finally you are full now. You have more energy to throw another tantrum I guess!”

The little boy pouted his mouth and turned his face away from her unhappily. It seemed that he didn’t like to receive such sarcastic comments from others.

Hayden smiled faintly and just as she was standing up with the bowls and plates on her hands, something tugged at her before she could turn around and leave. She looked downwards and saw that this little boy was clutching the edge of her skirt with a wronged expression on his face. He seemed like he didn’t want her to go just like that.

Looking at her insecure face, Hayden’s mind wandered to her own daughter. When she was busy with work, she also didn’t spend much time with her, and this little boy in front of her made her heart ache slightly. She then said gently, “I’m not going anywhere. I just want to send these plates away so that it won’t get toppled over.”

Nevertheless, the little boy continued to grab the edge of her skirt without letting up.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom