• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New President’s Twins: Buy One, Get One Free (1 Viewer)

• Chương 11

Chapter 11: Noah Was Missing​

“Then was it an accident too today? Are you using me as your shield?”

Since she was Joseph’s employee, he wouldn’t allow her to get criticized and questioned by others without any grounds. This was why he was willing to lend a helping hand.

Joseph leaned towards her by bending his body and whispered by her ears. His voice was as cold as ice, “I hope that this is the last time something like this has happened. If you throw yourself at me again, I don’t mind to terminate your three-month term here prematurely.”

Joseph was glaring at her so hard that she felt intimidated and scared just by looking into his eyes. Hayden felt something catch in her throat and there was no way to dislodge it.

However, luck was in her favour as a sound suddenly broke the silence which indicated the arrival of the elevator. Joseph didn’t intend to drag this further, so he turned around and disappeared into the elevator.

Only then did Hayden’s taut body finally relaxed considerably.

She really couldn’t picture a good image of him in her mind!

“Ms. Downey.”

When Hayden arrived at her department, she was stopped by her assistant, Vanessa. She had a face written with anguish and nervousness.

“What happened? What’s wrong?”

Vanessa answered with a bitter expression, “There’s a little guest throwing a tantrum in a VIP suite on the twentieth floor. He didn’t want to eat anything and everyone who tried to go in to console him had been shunned away. Now, the room is in a total mess. If he were to topple over something in the room and hurt himself, the responsibility would fall on the hotel.”

“A little guest staying in a VIP suite on the twentieth floor?”

Hayden couldn’t recall a client that fit this description in her list. She asked further, “Is he a newly arrived guest?”

Her assistant immediately nodded, “You can say that. He’s just five years old and at such a tender age he has a bad temper. Nobody can calm him down and his family are not around at the moment too. He’s so angry that he’s smashing everything in the room.”

“What? His family is not here? Is that for real?” Hayden instantly came to a decision, “Let’s go. Bring me there.”

Her assistant was precisely waiting for Hayden to utter these words as she scurried along behind Hayden, “He hasn’t eaten for a full day, and we are afraid that something undesirable would happen if things continue like this. If things come to that, we wouldn’t be able to bear the consequences.”

“His parents are not by his side so you can’t really blame him for feeling insecure.” Hayden pressed the button of the elevator while explaining, “How could they just leave their child alone in a hotel room. Do you think that kind of behaviour is acceptable?”

Her assistant was shrinking backwards while nodding with an unnatural expression.

In front of a VIP suite, there was some commotion going on. A sound of something ceramic getting broken could be heard and a waiter let out a shriek following that. Several employees were gathering around the entrance of the suite at the moment.

“Ms. Downey is here.”

In the midst of the noise, Hayden passed through a path opened up by the onlookers and entered the suite. She saw that everything was in tatters in the living room. The bolsters and pillows on the sofa was scattered all over the floor and stains of fruit juice could be seen dyeing the floor too. Shards of broken plates were mixed up with Italian noodles as they lied on the floor randomly. The lamp by the sofa had toppled over too and the whole place seemed as if there wasn’t even any space left for anyone to set foot on.

Hayden sucked in a cold breath as she couldn’t believe that this was the doing of a five-year-old child.

“Where’s the child?” She asked in a low voice.

Another manager hurriedly pointed at the direction of the bedroom, “He has shut himself up inside there. Ms. Downey, what do you think we should do now?”

Standing outside the room were a dozen of employees which comprised of waiters, waitresses, receptionists and also the managers but none of them were able to come up with a solution.

Hayden frowned and asked, “Did you guys contact the child’s parents?”

“We can’t get through to them at the moment.”

A few employees exchanged glances amongst themselves as if they were communicating some information secretly.

“Never mind, then.” Hayden rolled up her sleeves and ordered them, “Inform the kitchen to prepare a bowl of custard and also a bowl of boiled meatballs. Make sure the taste is not strong. Send someone here to tidy up this mess too.”

After saying that, Hayden navigated through the mess on the floor and headed towards the direction of the bedroom.

“Are we letting her just go in like that?”

“Are you saying you want to go in in her place instead?”

“No way. If I anger Little Noah, I will lose my job.”

Faint sounds of gossiping were not loud enough for Hayden to capture them.

The door of the bedroom was left slightly ajar, and the gap was enough for one to peek into the room and make out the situation inside. Pillows were strewn all over the floor and a tiny figure wearing checkered pyjamas was sitting on the icy floor. His back was facing the door and his motionless figure made him look like a statue.

“Hi…”

Hayden tried to initiate a conversation but it was obvious that tiny figure didn’t plan to respond to her. She tried to inch closer towards him but after just taking two steps, that tiny figure suddenly burst into motion and flung something at her. That unidentifiable object was careening at her at a high speed.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom