• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New President’s Twins: Buy One, Get One Free (1 Viewer)

• Chương 15

Chapter 15: He Must Have Been Scared​

By the time Joseph arrived at the hospital hurriedly, he saw that a female adult was lying unconscious in the hospital bed, and his precious son Noah was sprawled all over the edge of the bed with his pyjamas still intact. He was soundly asleep at the moment.

Joseph was a little flustered upon seeing such a scene.

“Noah.”

Noah responded to a tiny disturbance in the ward, and when he saw Joseph, his expression softened a little. He raised a picture in his hands.

It was a picture drawn using crayon, which was Noah’s favourite. He couldn’t speak, and he had limited vocabulary too, so in order to express his more complicated thoughts, he would present his thoughts in the form of drawing.

In the first picture, a woman was portrayed feeding a child and the child looked very happy from the way the corner of his lips lifted.

In the second picture, the woman was holding the child’s hand and looked like they were going somewhere. There were clouds around them and inside the cloud there was a castle that resembled a playground.

In the third picture, a golden chandelier was smashed on the ground, and the woman was holding the child tight with one of her hands stuck underneath the chandelier. There was a bright red colour dyeing her hand, indicating that she was bleeding.

“Hmm…” Noah pulled Joseph to the side of the bed and pointed at the woman lying in bed before pointing at the drawn woman in his picture. He was trying to say that they were the same person.

Joseph glanced at the patient lying in bed hesitantly. She had a pale face and a grave expression on it.

It was the same woman he had met before!

It turned out that it was this woman who had put Noah’s life before hers and swooped into save Noah?

When he recalled that he had been treating her badly earlier on, his expression became somewhat fuzzy and complicated.

It seemed that Noah still had something he wanted to say, but the moment he laid eyes on Viola who was behind Joseph, his face immediately became pale as he shrugged off Joseph’s hand and shrunk back towards the bed.

“Noah, what’s wrong?”

Joseph didn’t notice anything unusual about the look in his eyes. He thought Noah was just resenting him for not bringing him to a theme part to have fun, so his voice became considerably gentler, “I am really sorry about what has happened today. From now on, I will fulfil all my promises, is that alright?”

Noah still had a very terrified expression and for some reason he was maintaining a distance from Joseph.

“Butler.”

Joseph couldn’t do anything about this, so he called his butler who was standing by at the door, “Bring Noah home first. It is very late now. He need to rest.”

However, Noah simply shook his head without letting go of the bed.

Joseph couldn’t comprehend Noah, so he asked, “Noah, what’s wrong?”

“Let me help you. I think he has experienced too much shock today.” Viola offered her help by squatting down and patting Noah’s head.

“Noah, do you want to have dinner with me?”

Noah shuddered visibly and his eyes were immediately filled with fear. He broke free from Viola and hid behind Joseph while clutching his pants.

“He must be scared somehow.” Viola didn’t know how to explain his reaction, so she simply let out a sigh, “Joseph, you should let the butler to take care of the situation in the ward, we should together bring Noah home now. It is very late and the child has to rest.”

Joseph stole a hesitant glance at Hayden who was still unconscious and instructed the doctor to make sure she could recover before leaving.

By then time their nanny finally lulled Noah to sleep, Joseph only emerged from his bedroom. He had a solemn expression on his face as if he was still thinking about what had happened earlier in the day.

Viola was still in the living room. She hadn’t left yet.

“How is Noah? Is he asleep yet?”

“He is.” Joseph nodded and then took a look at the clock. He advised her, “It’s getting late now, you should go home now.”

“Don’t worry about it. My driver is on the way.” Viola glanced at the bedroom on the second floor and added, “Noah is too young and it is really not a good idea to stay by your side all the time. Look, something bad has happened today and it really scares everyone. It’s better if you look for someone to take care of him. Your grandpa is right about this.”

Joseph gazed at her looking he was seriously considering her proposal.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom