• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New My One-month Marriage With Mr. Hawkins (1 Viewer)

• Chương 19

Chapter 19: What Did He Mean?​

In the toilet…

Florence, who was sitting on the lid of a toilet bowl in a cubicle, rubbed her arms from time to time.

It was so chilly in the toilet at night.

“Ahchoo!” Florence sneezed uncontrollably.

She just recovered from the cold but she guessed that she would catch a cold or fever again after being trapped in this toilet for the whole night.

Although Florence felt helpless, she couldn’t find a way to get out of here, so she could just nodded off on the toilet bowl.

Suddenly, there came some slight knocking sounds from the door.

Florence abruptly opened her eyes and hurriedly walked out of the cubicle as she seemed to see the hope.

“Anyone there? I’m trapped inside. Open the door please.”

It seemed that the one outside had heard her words as the knocking sound from the door came to a halt. But at the next moment, the sound became louder. With a loud bang, something at the entrance was thrown away and the door of the toilet was pushed opened.

Florence was ravished with joy. Someone finally came to help her and she didn’t have to be trapped in the toilet tonight.

“Thank you…”

Florence paused as she was stunned when she saw the tall man who was standing at the door.

“Mr. Hawkins?”

Florence hadn’t expected that the one who came to save her was Ernest as she thought it was a security guard who came upstairs to go the rounds.

It seemed that Ernest had been walking in a hurry and his breathing was a bit quick. He hadn’t tapered down his breathing yet.

Ernest landed his gaze on Florence and found that her face that was used to be rosy looked abnormally pale at the moment and she was shivering all over due to coldness.

He narrowed his eyes, took off his suit jacket, walked over and wrapped it around her shoulders.

The warmth from his body was still lingering around the jacket. When it touched her cold skin, Florence suddenly felt the warmth.

She was frozen as she felt very surprised.

When they were having the meeting, he didn’t even cast a glance at him and acted indifferently as if they were just strangers. But why did he treat her in this way now…

Noticing that Florence was frozen on the spot, Ernest asked in a low voice, “Can you walk by yourself?”

“Ye…Yep.”

Florence came to her own sense, hurriedly nodded and then walked towards outside.

Looking at Florence’s petite figure from behind, Ernest curled his lips into a straight line with a touch of coldness flashing across it.

This woman was so weak. But he had no idea about how long she had been staying here and was afraid that she would get ill again.

Ernest produced his phone and made a phone call, “Harold, wait for me in Senna International Community.

When walking out of the toilet, Florence found that the surroundings were prevailed by silence as all staff had gotten off work and there was no one on the floor.

But there were some night-duty security guards in the lobby.

Florence and Ernest took a lift downstairs together. When they were about to reach the first floor, Florence took off the warm jacket and handed it to Ernest politely, “Thank you, Mr. Hawkins.”

Ernest didn’t take the jacket and appeared to be a bit unhappy.

“You don’t need to return it to me. Wear it back home.”

“If the security guards in the lobby notice that I’m wearing your jacket, it would have a negative impact.” Florence made an explanation.

It was good if she hadn’t made the explanation because Ernest’s expressions turned even gloomier when hearing the explanation.

He stared at her with a dangerous look, “So do you feel ashamed to have a relationship with me?”

“Nope. I didn’t mean that.”

“Then what did you mean?”

Ernest suddenly approached Florence. His tall and straight figure appeared to be extremely tall in the narrow lift when he approached Florence with an imposing aura.

He was so closed to her and his dangerous aura made Florence’s heart quivered.

Florence stepped backwards unconsciously and her heartbeat quickened.

Did she say something wrong?

It seemed that she had offended him.

She looked around in a panic and hurriedly reminded him when seeing that the doors of the lift were slowly opened, “Mr. Hawkins, we’ve arrived.”

But Ernest was still staring at Florence without any intention to move.

There suddenly came some footsteps.

The security guards who were on night duty in the lobby walked over when hearing the sound of the opening of the lift.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Second Marriage
  • Aria Foster
Chương 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom