New Second Marriage (1 Viewer)

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Chương 20

Chapter 20 Not As Heartless​

When Charlotte turned the corner, she suddenly stopped, because she noticed to men in front of her.

Kennedy was in his wheelchair with Nathan standing beside him, and Kennedy was staring at her with his cold eyes.

If she had her attitude from before, she would immediately turn around and leave, but now that she knows he was repelled by his own grandfather and brother, Charlotte suddenly had a different thought about Kennedy.

But, she still hadn’t forgotten that he forced her to get an abortion. So she still turned and wanted to leave.

“Stop!” Kennedy yelled out.

Charlotte stood in place, turned her head and asked, “What is it?”

“You are my assistant, you haven’t been to work for two days without any excuse, do you still wanna keep your job?”

When she heard that, she remembered the what Reynold had told her, she remembered that she wasn’t going to work to be his assistant, but more to keep an eye on him, so she said, “I thought you don’t need any assistant? In that case I must be only annoying you if I am there.”

“Do you think the Moore Group is a place for you to come and leave as you wish?”

Charlotte raised her brows, “So what do you want?”

Nathan, who was standing by the side, saw her attitude towards Kennedy, and his eyes widened, “What is wrong with you, Mr. Moore has thought about you, he has kept the bastard in your belly, but you…”

“Shut up!” Kennedy yelled, and Nathan was quiet.

“What did you say?” Charlotte stared at him in disbelief, she couldn’t dare to believe Nathan’s words, “How could this be? You did…”

Charlotte stared at Kennedy, that day before she passed out, he insisted to let she get the abortion, he even asked Nathan to get the doctor in person. Then she had passed out and when she finally woke up, she was already home.

“Don’t over-think it, I just don’t want to bother with a woman like you.” Kennedy said coldly, and gestured to Nathan to bring him out of there.

Charlotte watched the two of them leave, confused.

How could this be? She thought she had lost her baby, and now that Nathan had mentioned it, she suddenly remembered that the other day when she woke up, she felt no difference in her belly.

She thought about it, then took out her phone and called Diana.

When Diana arrived, she took her to the hospital for a check up, and when the doctor congratulated her on her pregnancy, she was still perplexed.

How could this be? She thought Kennedy would never accept this baby, but…

“I guess the Kennedy you are always talking about is not as heartless as you said.”

Charlotte didn’t say anything to that, she was looking down and in her own thoughts.

“What are you gonna do?”

“I don’t know, I guess I will just have to go with the flow and see.” Charlotte had no plan of her life. The moment she married Aldrich, her life was all about him, and after her divorce, her parent remarried her again with Kennedy, now all she had in mind was to stay in the Moore family.

“But… that stranger, who is that?” Diana was very curious, “You said that he slept with you, but wasn’t he worried that you would get pregnant? Charlotte, have you ever thought about looking for this guy?”

Looking for the stranger? Charlotte’s gaze was blur, “Why would I? I have no memory of him whatsoever, I don’t even know what he looks like, it was raining that day, and already nighttime, I couldn’t see anything at all. And now that I am married with Kennedy, if I went and looked for another man, this family would kick me out.”

“How about this, I will arrange for someone to help you, let’s see if we can get any information.”

“Thank you Diana.”

“Why are you thanking me, I need to thank you, you are the one who always took care of me when I was bullied in school, you even took the beats for me.” As Diana mentioned this, she remembered the years back in school, in those years, she hadn’t been with the Nelsons yet, she was just a poor little girl who was always bullied, and it was Charlotte who had helped her out.

Since then, the two of them had become good friends.

Charlotte went directly to her room when she got back home.

When she entered, she noticed that Kennedy hadn’t gone to work, which was strange, she closed the door and thought for a while, then she went to him.

Kennedy was sitting on his wheelchair, holding a finance magazine in one hand, on his one side he had a table on which he had put his laptop.

When Charlotte approached, she noticed that Kennedy had an earpiece, and on his laptop was a video playing.

It seemed like he was in a video conference.

The words that were already on Charlotte’s lips got stuck, she stood in the back and listened to Kennedy talk.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea, continue.”

“Okay, do it quickly.”

“Yeah.”

Kennedy was never a person of many words, most of his sentences were kept short. He hasn’t raised his head all this time, his eyes were fixed on the magazine, then he said again, “Send me all proposals to my email.”

It was about half an hour before the conference was ended.

Charlotte was standing all this time waiting for him.

When the video on his screen disappeared, Charlotte took a step towards him, but Kennedy said in a cold voice, “Don’t come near me.”

“…” Charlotte stopped walking.

Kennedy logged into his inbox and started checking his mails.

Okay, so he was working.

Charlotte didn’t want to disturb, so she turned and was about to leave.

“Stop.”

Charlotte turned and stared at him confused.

“Wait here.”

Kennedy said.

Charlotte widened her eyes, he didn’t allow her to get close to him, but also didn’t allow her to leave, instead, he wanted her to wait right where she was?

What was wrong with him?

But Charlotte knew that she was the one who had angered him, the other night she had pulled on his collar and called him a monster, she had said that even animals have more feelings than he did. She felt guilty about that.

So Charlotte didn’t move, she just stood there.

Time passed, and Charlotte had no idea how long she was standing there, what she did know was how serious and focused Kennedy was while working.

She suddenly felt that a man who was so focused at work was really attractive.

Slowly, Charlotte felt her legs get numb, but still Kennedy made no gestures for her to move.

Was he making her pay back? Just because she had said that to him, so now he wanted her to suffer?

As Charlotte thought about that, she couldn’t help but to bend over and massage her legs.

Finally, Kennedy raised his gaze and looked at her.

Charlotte immediately stood up straight, and looked like a little child who had made a mistake.

“It’s not even been an hour, and you are already tired?” Kennedy raised his hand to look at his watch, and smiled coldly.

Charlotte’s lips moved, but she didn’t say anything.

“What do you need from me?”

Charlotte still didn’t say anything, then Kennedy humphed, closed his laptop and was about to leave when Charlotte said, “I am sorry.”

Kennedy squinted his eyes when looking at her.

“About a few days ago, I am apologizing to you.” Charlotte said in all seriousness, she even bowed over a little.

When she stood up straight again, Charlotte saw how Kennedy was staring at her with his cold eyes.

“I thought…”

“What did you think?” Kennedy’s said with sarcasm, “I hope you don’t misunderstand that I have feelings toward you, I didn’t keep your bastard because of it. You should stop thinking that.”

“I…” Charlotte wanted to hold a whole speech to apologize, but she never thought that he would say something so mean, her face went pale.

“This is the contract.”

Suddenly, Kennedy threw a file to her, just as Charlotte wanted to take it over, it landed on the floor next to her. She was startled for a moment, then bent over to pick it up.

When she opened it, she saw that it was a post nap.

“Sign!” Kennedy said without any warmth in his voice, she raised her gaze to look at him, but only saw coldness in his eyes, so she quickly scanned the documents.

“No matter if it’s you or your sister, you are all trouble, so I will give you half a year, half a year later, take this contract and the check and leave the Moore family, and never come back.”

When Kennedy finished talking, he put a check on the table.

Charlotte saw the check, and felt as if someone just dumped a bucket full of iced water on her.

She only had in mind to apologize to him when she entered the room earlier that day, but she never expected him to even have the check already prepared.

“I think this money should be enough to satisfy your vanity.”

Advertisement

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom