• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New My One-month Marriage With Mr. Hawkins (2 Viewers)

• Chương 15

Chapter 15: That Sounds Good​

Florence woke up the next day. She was in a trance for a while when she saw the completely strange room environment. Where was she? She massaged her temple but could only recall she was inside Ernest’s car last night and she had dozed off. She was unsure of what happened afterwards. She decided not to think about it any further and get out of the room first.

As she took off the blanket and was ready to get down the bed, the room door was opened from the outside.

A man with slender figure walked in. He was wearing casual clothes and was carrying a medical kit. He looked refined and polished. Seeing her, he let out a charming smile. “Are you awake? My dear sister-in-law.” Florence was baffled. She did not even know him, since when had she become his sister-in-law? Plus, she did not have a boyfriend yet too. “

I’m sorry, have you mistaken me for someone else?”

“How would I? You were having a fever last night, and it’s Ernest who asked me to come treat you.”

Florence then instantly realized. She was feeling dizzy and uncomfortable inside the car yesterday and had dozed off. She had fallen sick and due to being humane, it was reasonable that he kept her for a night. She got down the bed and thanked him politely. “Thank you for your care last night.”

“No worries. We’re all family.” Harold walked towards her and teased, “However, it’s the first time I saw how much Ernest cares about a person after our acquaintance all these years. He had stayed here for almost the whole night and he only left when your fever comes down.”

Florence was dumbfounded and she could not believe his words. How would Ernest care about her that much? Harold then let out a quirky smile. “Oh by the way, do you still remember? Ernest fed you the medicine through his mouth.”

Florence’s mind was blown and her face went completely flushed. She did remember a handsome guy feeding her the medicine through mouth, but that was just a sweet dream, how would it be Ernest? Could it be she was really in a confused state due to the fever last night that she had not recognized him? That would be too embarrassing.

She took over the medicine Harold gave her and felt embarrassed to face Ernest again. She sneaked downstairs and decided to leave straight without notice.

As she just reached the main hall, she bumped into Ernest straight in the face. Her face inevitably flushed when she saw him and she felt exceptionally uneasy. “Urm, sorry. I’ve caused you trouble last night, I’ll leave this instant.”

“Come and have your breakfast.” Ernest’s lofty figure coincidentally blocked her path towards the exit and he gestured her to the dining hall. Florence quickly shook her head. “No thanks, I still haven’t outlined the main idea and there’s not much time. I need to hurry to the company.”

“You can submit the main idea few days later, there’s no need to be anxious. You can take your time.” Ernest rejected her excuse blandly.

Florence was startled and she was slightly surprised. She asked in confusion, “Why do you change your mind all of a sudden?” He had been very determined to ask her to submit it today yesterday. An awkward look flashed across Ernest’s face and he rumbled, “So you’re not happy about it?”

“No, of course not.” Florence immediately headed to the dining hall. She had slept for the whole night yesterday and she certainly did not have the capability to finish it today.

She walked to the dining hall and saw Harold sitting there. He let out a symbolic smile and said, “Come here, Mrs. Hawkins.” The way he addressed her made her felt uncomfortable, not to mention Ernest was there too. She pursed her lips awkwardly and said, “You can just call me by name. Or, if you’re older than me, you can call me Flory.”

“Flory? That sounds nice too,” Harold spoke intimately. He threw Ernest a glance with a teasing look. “Do you think so too?”

“If you like.” Ernest sat on the main seat gracefully with great temperament and an indifferent look. He spoke with a modest tone of voice, “But if we’re talking about the seniority in family, you’re my nephew and you should call Florence Mrs. Hawkins. I won’t care how you call her in private, but mind your manner in front of other family members.”

The Hawkins family cared about the family seniority most and if they knew about this, they would give him screeds of lecture until he lost his mind. Ernest was obviously threatening him. Suppressing his annoyance, he took his chopsticks and indulged in his meal.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Second Marriage
  • Aria Foster
Chương 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom