• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.VIP TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New My One-month Marriage With Mr. Hawkins (1 Viewer)

• Chương 16

Chapter 16: To Enjoy the Meal Or Their PDA?​

Florence inexplicitly felt that the ambience between the two men was a bit weird, but as she couldn’t figure it out, she chose to concentrate on her meal.

Dozens kinds of dishes with perfect combination of color, aroma and taste were perched on top of the table, most of which were light dishes while some of which had chili in it.

Florence had been fond of spicy food since her childhood, so naturally, she reached her chopsticks towards spicy dishes.

But just as she had picked up the food, the other pair of chopsticks also clasped the food.

She lifted her head and noticed it was Ernest’s chopsticks.

What a coincidence! Florence felt a bit awkward.

Harold, who was about to enjoy the meal, noticed the entangled chopsticks the moment he looked up, his face instantly turning gloomy.

Was he enjoying the meal or their PDA?

Florence felt a bit embarrassed and hurriedly loosened the clasp on the food and then turned to pick up the food in the other plate.

But just as she had clasped the food, she found Ernest clasping the same piece of meat with his chopsticks.

If this only happened once, she could call it a coincidence. But since this had happened twice, she was not sure about it.

She looked at Ernest in confusion and found him also looking at him in an overbearing manner.

He said in a stiff tone, “You can’t eat spicy food.”

Why? She had been eating spicy food since childhood.

Florence was stunned for a while. Then she recalled that she had a fever last night. Although she didn’t feel uncomfortable now, generally speaking people should have a recuperation period of several days after getting sick.

Was he caring about her health condition?

A touch of uneasiness flashed across Ernest’s handsome face. He withdrew his chopsticks, casually picked up the food from a light dish, and continued to enjoy the meal in an elegant manner.

Although Ernest had shifted his gaze away from her, Flores’ felt her heartbeat quickening.

After the meal, Florence and Ernest walked out of the restaurant.

A weird feeling crept up onto Florence when she was looking at his tall and straight back.

She took several steps forward and broke the silence, “I still have to go to work. I will leave first.”

“Let me send you there.” Ernest said blandly and walked towards outside.

Florence declined unconsciously, “No need to trouble you.”

“Florence, I need to go to work to.” Ernest reminded her.

Florence was rendered speechless all of a sudden as she finally recalled that he had become the new president of her company and therefore they were working in the same place.

The reason why he wanted to give a ride was that he was going to head on the same way.

After getting into the car, Florence leaned her head on the car door and looked out of the window silently, trying to reduce her sense of presence as much as possible.

Ernest cast a glance at her and a touch of complicated emotion flashed across his eyes.

He then took out his laptop and began to handle some business affairs.

The car was prevailed by silence as none of them spoke.

When they were about to arrive at the company, Flores turned her head to look at Ernest and said, “I will get off the car here.”

Ernest threw a glance out of the window. This place was nowhere near the company and was a bit remote as there were few passengers road.

She chose to get off the car here because she didn’t want to have any relationship with him.

Ernest fixated his gaze on Florence and remained quiet with his lips curled into a straight line and a trace of unpleasantness flashing across his face.

Flores felt a bit guilt-ridden and thought maybe it was because her action had disgraced him as he was accustomed to be superior and flattered by others.

She explained in a hurry, “I used to buy the soybean milk made by that breakfast store every morning on my way to the company. I will get off the car here, and therefore I can buy the soybean milk on the way to the company.”

This place was only two or three hundred meters away from the breakfast store and she could choose to get off the car in front of the store.

Nevertheless, there were many people in front of the store, most of which were her colleagues.

Knowing that this was just Florence’s excuse, a dim light flashed across Ernest’s eyes, but he didn’t expose her lie.

He gave an order, “Timothy, open the door.”

Florence heaved a sigh of relief and hurriedly got off the car.

When thinking of the favors he offered last night and this morning, Florence turned around, wanting to express her gratitude towards Ernest, “Mr. Hawkins, thank…”

Just as she uttered several words, she found that the rear window of the car was wound up relentlessly. From the half-closed window, she could roughly see his cold profile. Yet he didn’t even give a glance at her.

He was so noble and aloof.

Florence was a bit stunned. She didn’t say anything and watched the car heading towards the distance.

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Second Marriage
  • Aria Foster
Chương 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom