• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.ME SANG VIETWRITER.INFO TỪ NGÀY 1/4

New Mr. Conrad Proposes to His Ex-wife Again (1 Viewer)

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Chương 36

Chapter 36: She Was Just…Back to the Wall at That Time​

But when she knew that the person who rejected her request three years ago and the person who mocked her day in and day out for marrying him by fair means or soul were the same people, she would still feel dejected.

That feeling was as if someone was taking a rusty knife to slowly cut her heart. It was so painful.

The good thing was that she had divorced Clarence. Otherwise, she really wished that she could use a pillow to kill him when he was not paying attention while falling asleep at night.

Perhaps due to her pregnancy, Stella was sentimental and prone to emotional breakdowns. She could not get over it for a long time.

When she woke up in the middle of the night, she found that the pillow was wet.

The more Stella thought about it, the angrier she became. She took her phone and posted something in WeChat Moments.

‘Nobody in this world is more annoying than the wretched man by the name of XXX!’

She continuously wrote three exclamation marks to vent her anger.

Among various comments which were concerning and inquiring about her, only Nathan who was working overtime late at night silently gave her a like.

As if he was saying ‘I know who you are talking about, I also have the same idea’.

Stella was speechless.

After she calmed down for a few seconds, she originally wanted to delete this post but after thinking about it, she had already blacklisted Clarence anyway so he was unable to see it.

And even if he saw it, so what? She did not say who the person was. If he really wanted to self-claim that he was the one, she also had no way to stop him.

Stella had slept too much in the past few days. Now, after waking up in anger, she was even more energetic. So, she got out of bed and started designing.

On the other side…

When Winnie was swiping through the Moments, she found particularly funny content. She took a screenshot and shared it in her work group chat.

After everyone discussed it happily, she suddenly received a private message from Clarence. ‘What did Stella post?’

Winnie replied a ‘?’ to him.

Clarence was impatient. ‘Below your screenshot, what did Stella post.’

Now only Winnie realized that the content she had screenshotted just now was right above the one that Stella had posted. When she screenshotted it, it was just nice that Stella’s name was also included but the content was not able to be seen.

Winnie was shocked and she quickly went to ask the assistant since when was Mr. Conrad in her work group chat.

The assistant said that since the incident two years ago, Mr. Conrad had always been there and it was just that he had never said a word.

Winnie was speechless.

This meant that her occasional behaviour of roasting this evil capitalist had been seen by him personally?

Winnie felt that a chill went down her spine. She could only return to the Moments and take a look. She asked kindly. ‘Mr. Conrad, are you sure you want to know?’

Clarence replied. ‘Screenshot for me.’

Soon, the eye-catching sentence appeared in front of Clarence.

To focus on what she posted, Winnie cropped all the irrelevant ones around including Nathan’s like and her agreement below.

Winnie felt that this XXX was very spiritual, angry without losing solemnity, strict and conservative. Even if this was seen by XXX personally, he would not find anything wrong with it, unless he himself admitted that he was the annoying wretched man.

Clarence did not message for a long time. Winnie felt that he probably would not reply to her anymore and when she intended to put down the phone to sleep, his message arrived out of the blue.

‘Take screenshots of anything she posts in the future and send them to me.’

‘…’

‘I’ll give you a week off.’

‘I’m not the kind of person who will betray my teammate for a small advantage!’

‘Half a month.’

‘Alright, boss. Thank you, boss.’

After exiting the chat, Winnie first apologized to Stella, saying that she was forced to betray her due to the absolute authority of her boss. She also provided first-hand news in which Clarence asked her to screenshot her posts in the Moments in the future.

Stella was speechless.

How could this wretched man be so wretched!

So, for the next two days, Stella continued to insult Clarence with three posts in the Moments that were only visible to Winnie. Then, Winnie would send them to Clarence to let that wretched man feel bad.

Whenever Stella thought of Clarence’s expression upon seeing these screenshots, she felt that she had successfully gotten back at him so she was extremely happy.

When Stella was at the peak of her good mood, she received a call from the secretary of the boss of SG Jewelry Magazine, saying that she had to come to him because of the contract.

When Stella arrived, Kennedy, who was more than 50 years old, poured her a cup of tea and spoke while smiling, “Stella, I hear from Stanford that you were hospitalized earlier, how is your body condition now?”

Stella smiled, “Thank you for your concern, Mr. Ingemar. I’ve recovered.”

“That’s good. I’ve heard about your performance at the show. If it wasn’t because of you, the show that was elaborately prepared by SG Jewelry Magazine would have been ruined. You’re indeed a great enabler of SG Jewelry Magazine.”

“Don’t say that, Mr. Ingemar. I’m just making every effort to do my part.”

The situation at that time absolutely did not allow her to think carefully. Also, she only did the catwalk once. The rest was done with Winnie’s help.

Kennedy was not a person who was good at beating around the bush. He opened the Kraft paper bag and put a document in front of her, “This is the contract you signed with me before. It’s invalid from now on. It will be better that we still follow the one you’ve signed at the beginning to enter SG Jewelry Magazine.”

Stella froze for a while, “But I…”

She did not think that by just doing the catwalk for the show, SG Jewelry Magazine would voluntarily terminate the contract, not to mention that she had already taken two million yuan and the penalty for breach of contract was not a small amount.

As if Kennedy had understood her doubts, he said, “I know what are you thinking. I really didn’t intend to terminate the contract with you before. I originally intended to use other ways as a token of appreciation to you but…the penalty of breach of contract has already been paid so I have to let you go.”

Stella was even more bewildered, “The penalty for breach of contract has been paid?”

“Yeah, this is already a matter that happened a week ago.” Kennedy took a sip of tea and sighed, “I was originally in Greece on vacation but the president of the Conrad Group suddenly came to me and directly paid the penalty for breach of contract for you. I also kind of owe you favour so I just go with the flow.”

Stella was speechless.

She kept silent for a long time and totally did not know what should she say.

This meant that she had finally made up her mind to sign a contract that was similar to an agreement of servitude with SG Jewelry Magazine and had gotten two million yuan to pay back Clarence but unexpectedly, he returned the two million yuan to SG Jewelry Magazine and even paid the penalty for breach of contract which was nearly ten million yuan?

Stella felt that her temples were pulsing violently.

After she walked out of Kennedy’s office, Stanford found her and said the candidate supported by the Conrad Group had been chosen. Since she was not restrained by any contract now, she could contact the Conrad Group at any time to get any resources she wanted.

Stella pursed her lips and did not utter a word. She kept feeling that everything had come full circle and it was as if Clarence was deliberately tricking on her and watching her joke.

Did he hate her that much? They had divorced for so long but his revenge was still endless like a snowball that kept rolling and becoming bigger and bigger.

She was just… back to the wall at that time. She did not want the child in her belly to suffer together with her and that was why she trampled her dignity underfoot to come to him.

Advertisement

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

The Revenge of Wife
  • Đang cập nhật..
The Innocent Wife of Scheming President
My Substitute Ugly Wife
  • Đang cập nhật..
The Gorgeous Substitute Wife of Mr. President

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom