New President’s Twins: Buy One, Get One Free (1 Viewer)

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Chương 20

Chapter 20: Mommy, Seize the Opportunity!​

For the next few days after that day, Stella used the excuse of going out to buy ice cream to secretly meet with Harrison at the café. She was able to pack a full bag of small gifts every time she went back.

As the time past, Hayden cleaned the house and could clear out a lot of unfamiliar toys.

“When did you buy this little mermaid bracelet?”

Stella was playing with her new toy on the bed. After hearing that, she said without changing her expression, “It was a gift given upon buying ice cream.”

Hayden frowned.

“Are there so many events in the nearby ice cream shop?”

Despite being doubtful, knowing that Stella was just a young child with small body size, she was not worried that Stella would do something bad. These were just some small toys and did not really matter, so she did not take them seriously.

“By the way, I’ll bring you to the nearby kindergarten this afternoon. You choose which one you like, your nominal mother asked me to find a school for you before the summer holidays. You shouldn’t always stay at home, right?”

If it was not that she had talked about it with her good friend, Alayna Cole during the phone call two days ago, she would have really forgotten that she had to make arrangements for Stella to go to school.

Stella nodded obediently, “Okay.”

Hayden grabbed the opportunity that all the elementary schools nearby would conduct lessons on Monday and brought Stella to several kindergartens nearby to take a look. However, she felt quite unsatisfactory.

The main reason was because of Stella’s asthma. So, Hayden was very concerned about the medical facilities of the school. However, ordinary local kindergartens generally did not pay much attention to this aspect. Most of the infirmaries did not even have a doctor who knew how to do the infusion. She simply asked a few simple medical questions but not many could answer them. So, she was very worried about this.

“Mommy, I want to eat Japanese food.”

After coming out of the kindergarten, Stella pulled Hayden’s sleeve and acted in a cutesy manner. This instantaneously dispelled Hayden’s worried mood.

“Alright, then let’s eat Japanese food today.”

As it was Monday, there were not many people in the Japanese restaurant.

After arriving, the waiter directly brought them to a quiet location beside the window. From the window, one could overlook the traffic of the downtown area. After ordering dishes, the mother and the daughter stared at each other, absent-minded.

“Mommy, I actually feel that you already can go to work.”

Stella looked at her with a hand supporting her chin, thinking to let her mother be a person in a favourable position to gain special advantages.

“What, can’t I take two days off?”

It was a rare golden opportunity for her to get paid without working. So, she decided to wait until next week.

“Mommy, you have to seize the opportunity.”

“Seize what opportunity?”

“Your boss is handsome, rich and most importantly, single. In the company, many women are bound to compete to chase him. If you don’t try hard, what can I do in the future?”

“Kid! What are you talking about?” Hayden glared at her and pinched her nose, “Where did all these thoughts come from? You’ve never met my boss, how do you know he’s handsome?”

Stella was dodging Hayden’s attack. Then, her eyes suddenly lit up. She bounced up from her chair and waved desperately at the people far from them.

“Mister, here, here!”

What? Mister?

Confused, Hayden looked in the direction Stella was looking at. The moment she saw them, her smile froze.

At the entrance of the Japanese restaurant, a tall figure was holding a little boy’s hand. Both the two people looked cold and their immensely similar handsome faces were apparently showing the words ‘strangers are not allowed to approach’. Now, they followed the direction the voice came from and looked over towards her.

Why were Joseph and his son who was a little boy with a fiery temper here?

Damn, she had just recovered from her injuries and finally managed to loaf on the job to come out and walk around, how was it so coincidental that she could meet him?

Also, more importantly, why did Stella know him?

What the hell was going on now?

Advertisement

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom